Kmart's Back, Without the Off-Color Puns


What's This?



Kmart, which became an unlikely purveyor of viral video ads earlier this year with "Ship My Pants" and "Big Gas Savings," has set the off-color puns aside for a back-to-school effort featuring 10- to 13-year-old rappers.


The ad, from Draftfcb, features Da Rich Kidzz, a group of six tweens from Minnepolis. The tune, "My Limo," includes lyrics like "My school bus is my limo…I rule back to school with my cap on and my brim low." In the video, all the members of the group sport Kmart clothes.


The retailer's earlier two videos have received more than 35 million views on YouTube in total. This latest video has gotten a respectable 160,000 views since it went live last Thursday.


Image: Getty, Justin Sullivan


Topics: Advertising, Business, kmart, Marketing




0 comments: