White Noise iPhone App Lulls Your Baby to Sleep


What's This?


2013-08-08 01:00:44 UTC


White noise is my magic trick to getting my babies to sleep anywhere, any time. My secret to having white noise with me at all times? There's an app for that.


aSleep for iOS is my favorite white noise app. It has more than 65 different noises that will lull your little one into slumber, but the classic white noise is my favorite. You can control speed, volume and time. It also works as an alarm, which your baby doesn't need if you subscribe to the old saying: Never wake a sleeping baby.



My husband and I often argue over the volume of white noise. Experts suggest the white noise should be the same volume as the baby's cries, which can get pretty stinking loud. He cranks the volume, and I freak about hearing loss. So, I sneak it and turn it down, and he sneaks in and turns it back up. It got so bad that I wrote to Apple to ask about the maximum decibel level on iOS devices. Watch the video for the end of that story.


aSleep for iOS is $0.99 in the App Store. For all the hours of snoozing it has allowed my little ones, I would have paid a heck of a lot more.


Read more Crash Test Mom gadget reviews on Mashable


Homepage image: Flickr, David Salafia


Natali%2520morris-1633
Natali Morris

Natali is a technology reporter and host/editor-in-chief of Crash Test Mom, a parenting product review show. She is a regular contributor to CNBC and The TODAY Show, as well as an MBA student at Indiana University's Kelley School of Business. She is ...More




Topics: app store (iOS) , Apps and Software, babies, Crash Test Mom, Family & Parenting, Home, iOS apps, iPhone Apps, Lifestyle, parenting apps, sleep




0 comments: